Plastic Screws PTFE
Material name : Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE)
PTFE material (it is also known as Teflon®) is a semi crystalline fluoropolymer with many unique characteristics. This fluoropolymer has unusually high thermal stability and chemical resistance, as well as a high melting point (-200 to +260°C, short-term up to 300°C). In addition, PTFE products have excellent sliding properties, excellent electrical resistance and a non stick surface. PTFE plastics can be reinforced with additives such as glass fibre, carbon or bronze to improve its mechanical properties.
- Extremely high chemical resistance
- Very good temperature resistance (-200+260°C, short-term up to 300°C)
- Very low coefficient of friction
- Low dielectric constant
- Flame resistance
- Chemical plant engineering (valves, pump components, fittings, hopper)
- High purity for sensitive pharmaceutical and food type applications.
- Excellent electrical insulator.